Altered Wood Dress Form

Hello Lovers, it's been a while since I posted a project I know... but that's because I needed to purchase a new battery charger for my Sony Cybershot.  I felt cripple without the use of it.  The bad news is they took 2 weeks to ship it from CALIFORNIA to FLORIDA!!??  HELLO??  The good news is, they made a mistake and shipped me 2 of them... haha!!  So since it comes with a car charger attachment, I will leave one in the car for when I'm on the go.


Anyway, I say this to say that now I am able to take better photos of my projects (I've been using my blackberry) and record clearer videos (than what my FLIP can provide), so I'm ready to make stuff and share it.

There are a few projects I've worked on since I've been gone, but the first one I want to share is the $3 wooden dress form I purchased a few months back to be altered.  When I first bought it I had no idea what style I wanted to do, but after altering a few things I knew exactly how I wanted to showcase it.

I made this with a contest in mind for JadedStudios using a KarlaS001 Etsy shop item... the only thing I had of her shop were white mulberry flowers; thank goodness you only needed 1 etsy shop item for the contest entry... lol.  Hopefully I win!!  =)

The photos can almost tell the story how it was made, but if you have any questions, please leave them below.  And remember, once I hit 200 blog followers I will be doing a giveaway, so make sure to tell your crafty friends about my At Studio D blog. 

(click photos to enlarge)








Thanks for stopping by.
x0, Damaris

Here's a video with more details on how I altered the dress form.


SUPPLIES
* Making Memories Sabrina Collection - Damask paper
* Black acrylic paint
* Black tulle
* Want2Scrap black pearl bling
* IAR, Recollections, WOC & KarlaS001 flowers & sprays
* Filigree black metal piece
* May Arts pink ruffled trim
* Recollections nylon butterfly
* White feathers
* Maya Road black lace trim
* Black pearls


1 comment

sarajeank said...

girl i know this is a older post but i had to tell you again that i just love this dressform!!!TFS,Sarah.