Time To Celebrate...

I've had today's card completed since last week, but have been very busy working on other things.

(click photos to enlarge)


Today's card is not my style of crafting.  It's very vintage shabby; from the colors to the design.  I don't know how it came out this way, but I still think it's cute.  I started out by matching my copic colors to the paper, which is new by Prima called "Meadow Lark".  I have been saying that I need more purple paper in my life and this pad is full of every shade of purple.  I colored in this digital stamp (which I found on etsy) and was very intimidated to do so because of all the folds in the clothes and all the precise lines that need shadowing... something I'm still working on.




In any case, she came out absolutely adorable and I managed to take a photo (also) of my before and after.  I will be keeping my "before" image in my copic book of errors!  LOL.  I'm just glad I didn't color her completely in before I accepted the fact that it was looking UGLY!!... haha


I like showing you the process I go through making the colors work and adding the right shading.  Maybe I'll continue doing this every once in a while... or at least whenever I make a huge/ugly mistake and have to start over!!  LOL

Thanks for taking out the time to be here.

x0, Damaris



Challenges

Digital Tuesday Challenge - Life is Peachy



5 comments

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

She is absolutely adorable. The card is great as well. This is more my style. I love these live colors. The flowers are so cute. Love the yellow and pink felt ones.
Super cute card. Ok, now you can just pack it up and send it me. LOL.
ANA

Sharon said...

I think she looks great. You did a great job with the coloring like always and I love those felt flowers you've been making. I need to get me some felt to try lol. Great job!

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Lovely card. The colours go together so beautifully and I love the feel of the card, so jolly and spring-like. Thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMarkers this week. Good luck and see you again soon.
Andy
x

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful and your colouring is gorgeous. However, you've used Copics and to enter our challenge you must use Promarkers or another Letraset marker, so I'm afraid you won't be eligible for our prize draw.

Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers anyway though.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!