Steampunk Card

So my dad's birthday was April 6 and as I thought (for many weeks) about what type of card I wanted to make for him, I knew for sure that I didn't want to color anything.  Not because he wouldn't appreciate it, but maybe he'd feel it's kinda kiddish.  I dunno.  Anyway, so it wasn't until the DAY BEFORE (which is normal for a procrastinator - lol), that I started to work on it and once I picked out the paper pad I wanted to work with (Authentique "Journey"), everything came together fairly quickly.  It was a "light-bulb" moment that happened, folks!!  haha.




I created a steampunk-ish card and I LOVE IT!!  It's manly, it's cool and the best part is it looks like it took forever to make, like I sweated over it, like my arms got tired from all the hammering and nailing, like I... well you get the picture.  LOL.







Using mostly Tim Holtz products, I layered everything over each other and created the perfect gatefold card for my dad.  He kept looking at it all quietly, and examining all the pieces for a while... which in Puerto Rican, Old School terms is a compliment!!  When I went back a few days after his birthday to visit my parents, I noticed the card was in their crystal keepsake cabinet.  And for a second I thought how I had seen prior cards I'd given them in that same cabinet and in that same spot.  Then I remembered the cork board mom bought a whilez ago where she showcases all the cards I give them, and shows it to friends who go to visit them.  They are my BIGGEST supporters and I love my viejitos (old folks), so much!!  I can't wait to get started on Mom's Mother's Day gift.  She's going to FLIP!

Anyway, that's all for now, I got a bit chatty there; sorry!  hehe.

x0, Damaris

2 comments

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Really beautiful card Damaris. You are really kicking butt with the cards and now layouts. Good for you to be able to work in your craft room.
TFS. Ana

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

YOU got a bit chatty, well I got a lot teary. I am P.R. too, but both my parents are gone now and that is why I get so emotional on Mother's and Father's day. Your cards are just beautiful and I wish my Viejito's were here so I could shower them with cards too! I love your post. Hugs and God bless.