Baby G. Layout

Hey ya'll. 

I've been neglecting my 12x12 layout inner child (whatever that means), so I took the "plunge" and pulled out a baby photo of Giovanni that I had printed out months ago.  I knew I wanted to use it on a larger layout (which is why I printed it so big), but I wasn't sure what style I wanted to go with.. whether shabby or modern.

I have no clue what style this layout is, but I LOVE IT!!



I used MME's "Follow Your Heart" collection (which I've had since it came out), and created a simple layout.  I say simple because I did very minimal die-cutting.  I cringe everytime I get the urge to diecut something.  LOL.  Why?  Because I really wish I could learn the sandwiches for my vagabond, I'm so over cranking everything through the cuttlebug.


In any case, the only thing I die cut were the small hexagon shapes and border that frames the "BABY" stamped word.  The "G" was a die cut alpha from a Heidi Grace collection that I got a year or 2 ago from Jo-Ann, and have been hoarding.  It came in a collection of over 200 pieces with different sized letters and in different colors.  It was the perfect size G, but the wrong color, so I sprayed Elmer's glue over it and covered it with Recollections Expresso Flock.  The layer seemed sheer, so I redid the same steps and it suddenly became the perfect G.

I added pearls in between the hexagons that touched each other, just to create a different pattern then what I'm, used to seeing and finished it off with some swirl stamps from the MME "Fine & Dandy" collection, called "True Blue".  It's been a while since I used those stamps and I even forgot I had them.  The swirl wasn't too girly and added the perfect touch of flair to the layout.

I am in love with this layout and I hope I can continue to do more 12x12 layouts.  I've found that the more I smash, the easier my 12x12 layouts are to execute.  =D

Thanks for your time and comments.

x0, Damaris


I added a video below of this layout.


1 comment

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Super cute Damaris. Like the mix of everything it has. Very boyish. Ana