Handmade Daybooks

If you are a part of the Smashaholics group on Facebook, then you would already know about the Daybook Challenge / Swap that's been going on, hosted by Mimi Dibble.  She challenged us to create our own daybooks (Amy Tangerine style), and share our creations with each other, either in swapping and/or in photos.


I was a late bloomer.  Really had no interest in daybooks, until I finally used the one single tiny one I had (lol), to document my trip to NY.  I loved it!  It was like a mini smashbook.  The same elements & style can be used in daybooks, as with smashbooks.  I still wasn't convinced to make my own.  Not until I tried looking for a Parisian style daybook.  There were none available, so I decided it was time to shake off the fears and try it myself.  The first one was cute, the second was cuter (which you'll see in the video), and after that there was no stopping me!!  I love making these and so far have made 6 in total.  I still have a few more to go, but I wanted to take this time to share with you what I did and how I used stamps to embellish plain pages.

I hope you are inspired to make your own daybook and document an important day, week or event in your life.  It's not as overwhelming as a Smashbook, and not as limited as a layout.  It's just enough room for anything you want it to be.

Thanks for checking in and don't forget to watch the video below to see what I did with the last 5 books I made.

x0, Damaris





UPDATED 8/24/12 

A new FB group was launched today for Daybook Lovers... it's called Daybook Delights.  
Come join the fun!!


2 comments

Cathy Vee said...

OMG they are toooooooo cute!!! I'm gonna need you to re-post that somewhere in a coup,e of days! For sure!

MiMi Dibble said...

Oh they are super cute. I love them. You made a ton too. Now you have to fill those babies up! Nice job! I am so glad you tried. See, it was totally fun!!!!