1st Christmas Card of 2012

I've always shy'd away from coloring monochromatic images, but I was tempted to try it this week when I saw a challenge posted by Designed To Color.


It was actually easier than I expected, simply because it takes the guessing out of what colors to combine and what colors work well together and compliment each other.

Since I made this all green, I decided I would go ahead and finish it off into a Christmas card; it's the only way I could justify using so much of that color!  haha.

Thanks for checking in.
x0, Damaris



Challenges
1. Designed To Color - 1000th Fan Giveaway #5




Supplies
* Memento Ink "New Sprout"
* Gorjuss Girl stamp "Little Star"
* Copics: Y00.  YG00, 01, 03, 05, 09, 11, 13, 17, 25 & YG65.  C00, 01 & 03
* Cryogen White cardstock
* MME Quite Contrary "Jack & Jill" 6x6 pad
* Cloud 9 Epoxy stickers
* Walnut stain distress ink
* Spellbinders: Fleur De Lis Motifs, Circles, Labels 14.
* Cuttlebug Hexagon embossing folder
* Recollections green cardstock & green pearls
* Michaels brand ribbon


4 comments

Dottie said...

I never tire of seeing your artwork. I like this one. :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh this is great Damaris! Wow! Love the green! thanks for playing in our Giveaway challenge on Designed To Color !

Color Crew Lisa

Mari said...

Your card is lovely :)

Leah l'Orange said...

she seriously turned out FABULOUS. i love the green. LOVE it. will have to do green myself, as i haven't ventured that far yet. :) thanks for playin', hun! Designed to Color is happy to have you joining us! xo