Quick Tips

It usually happens when I'm confronted with a "dilemma" as I scrap.  Whether I'm creating a card, scrapping in my smashbook, or working on a layout, I tend to get the "brightest ideas" when I'm faced with a "problem" as I craft.

On many days I end up doing something different, but then there are those days that the heavens open up and God blesses me with what seems to be such a "Genius" thought.  LOL.  (Obviously I am EXAGGERATING), but for the sake of a chuckle, just go along with it.

I normally take photos of that "great idea" and INSTAGRAM it (<-- click the word to follow me), and sometimes I get a few comments saying "oh wow, I never thought to do that".  Well, that's why we're here.  I wanted to share those quick & easy crafty tips with you and have it saved for you on my sidebar; where I can easily update it and you can just as easily click on the link and not have to go through pages and pages of old blog posts.

Let's get to it!  =)


(click photos to enlarge)


Use your favorite punch and sticky memo blog to make page flags for your planner!






Diecuts or punches make excellent gift tag helpers.






Match your sequins to your project (exactly) with acrylic paint.







Decorate envelopes too!







Use your packaging to store your supplies.
Decorate with your favorite paper.







Always check the back of your packaging for more "free" pieces
you can cut and use in your projects... Elle's Studio always has.






Have TONS of repetitive PROJECT LIFE cards?
Why not use your cards for more than just project life?:
Here I turned 2 old ones into gift tags.







Use your punches for page tabs.
It doesn't have to be a tab punch!








Accidents happen.
Incorporate them as part of  your original plan,
and make a vintage layout!








Use stamps, inks and punches to make,
your own embellies that match your project.








Don't trash your scraps.
Keep them in a plastic container for when
your kids ask to join you in crafting that day!







Incase you have a toddler that likes to play with ink while your back is turned, 
just use a wet wipe to clean it off.  
It works best on smooth/glossy non-porous surfaces.





Save your packaging and make something with it!
In this case, I used the washi tape packages to make fun photo frames.





Add character to basic white foam thickers by distressing them
and spraying them with glittery sprays.





Add those charming glasses to your Christmas decor with just a little matching tinsel.






Google search free printable files for scrapbooking
and save yourself a few bucks by printing cute images yourself!!





Make a Christmas Wreath using 3 punches.





Make quick & easy gift tags with a stamp, markers and some washi tape!





Sort those tiny wood pieces into flat storage organizers for easy access and viewing.





Busy patterned paper sometimes washes out your foam thickers.
I like to color the edges with distress markers to make them come alive!





Alter any wood pieces with glitter, by a quick spray of adhesive.





I created a cute mini sun for an altered project (that you'll see soon), using 2 punches.
Fiskars pennant punch and a Martha Stewart flower punch.






I stamped this Dear Lizzy stamp 3 times on 3 different pieces of paper.  
Cut them out and layered them on top of each other to create a unique embellishment.
Even Dear Lizzy herself liked this idea!!







I guess this is just common knowledge.  Or if you took a copic class you'd know.
Clean your copic markers with alcohol ink and label them with washi tape.  
If you go to crops, you'll know which ones are yours.




Wood veneers or pieces are so cute as they are.
They are also cute if you color them with markers, sprays or paint.
But in this case, I just wanted an outline around the word "daydream"
and I used a distress marker to make it happen.
Not only did it show the woodgrain pattern of the piece, but it made the word POP!





Ink half of a single stamp in one color and the other half in another color to create a cute accent.





This is not craft related, but it's my favorite cleaner now.
It cleans dirt off of glass surfaces, without smudging and blurring it.
I LOVE IT!!  GET IT!!




Here's a fun "lightbulb" moment that came to me as I created my December Daily 2012.
I was adding washi tape over this pattern paper, but it looked odd because the paper showed through.
So I used twice as much washi tape to conceal the background and make it look more opaque.




Instead of using sprays with stencils, you can use inks.
I first laid down the light memento pink to get a base.
Then added the darker memento pink over the stencil and created a double pattern.





These $1 Michaels & Jo-Ann wood stamps are cute, but sometimes feel boring.
I added some copic ombre coloring to the hollow looking letters to match my layout and add some interest.





This idea I saw on Pinterest... or was it Instagram?
Can't remember.

But those cubbies that you can get at Michaels, that come 4 in one unit, are the perfect size for your 6x6 paper pads.  The only thing is that some pads are long and might need to lean back.
I punched out some black paper with a fiskars punch and added labels from my label maker.






For those of you who have instant cameras,
you know that sometimes your photos come out either too white or too blurry.
DON'T THROW OUT THOSE BAD PIX!!
Instead, print a photo, cut it down to size and glue it over the bad picture.
Who says you can't use the frame of the instant film?  lol





Tired of using plain, boring white doilies all the time?
Spray them with bright colors and make them POP on your project!!





Make a quick washi banner by following these steps.
1. pull washi out a little.
2. fold washi with sticky side outward.
3. cut washi from left to right at an upward angle.
4. open the fold to reveal the tip of your banner.





Don't have an instant camera??  No problem.  
Cut white paper down to size, add black inner cardstock and you got yourself the base of instant film.  
Add more interest by altering the white portion of the frame with stencils and distress inks or sprays.





Create a pattern on your wood pieces, with markers.





Craft Mojo Gone?
Just stamp tons of images on paper in random colors and cut them out.
Put them in a bin or drawer and when you are putting together a project, you can go back to that drawer and pull out pre-stamped/cut pieces that will make your crafting quicker!!





I hope you've enjoyed some of these tips and be sure to check back in a few months for more ideas.  I'm almost certain I would have new things to share.  Remember, this post will be on the sidebar for easy access.

Thanks for checking in.
x0, Damaris

3 comments

Caroline said...

Fabulous thanks for sharing. Caroline xxx

Cathy Vee said...

Omg!!! What a boat load of awesome ideas!!! The fiskar sun flower punch is my fave! Thanks for the tips D!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Thanks for the wonderful tips, I'm sure they will come in handy. I liked the Dear Lizzie stamp embellishment you made.