25 DOC - Day 14 - Frosty!!

A few weeks ago as hubby & I shopped for groceries at Walmart I came across a section that hosted cute gift cards and gift card holders.  These 2 in particular stood out to me because they were super cute!  I thought I'd take a few for fear that they might be gone when the time comes to actually use them, and as I kept walking the store the ideas started to flow.




Here's what I made.



It's an altered tag that not only carries these cute gift cards as "decor"...




... but also has a pocket in the back to hold the actual gift card.


And the best part is it will fit any size gift card.
And it doesn't have to be from Walmart.
No one will ever know that Frosty or the Christmas tree were Walmart Gift Cards,
because the bottom where the Walmart logo lies, have been cut off and/or covered.


You can add a mini tag in the pocket as well to state how much the gift card holds
and any message you wish to include.



All the trims that I used for this tag were from Misty's shop.  www.MBTreasurista.com.  She has a great selection of gorgeous laces and trims, and even scrapbooking items like paper and stamps.


Misty has donated an Authentique "Festive" 6x6 paper pad for one lucky winner... if you wish to leave a second comment today you must first visit her FACEBOOK PAGE, like it, leave her a comment there and return back here telling me you've completed your mission.  LOL.

Thanks for checking in and I'll see you back tomorrow for a super cute card.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!

30 comments

alethea said...

Wow,what a fabulous use of the gift cards on your gift card holder!! Absolutely love it!! HUgsxx

Sharla said...

Wow..just awesome. I love how you can look at something and see the possibilities to create something so much better! Very cute idea!

An'Jenic G. said...

Great tags! The last one looks like a hot coco mug. =)AJ

An'Jenic G. said...

I liked Misty FB page and left a comment!

The Scrapping Factory said...

very very very nice! Fabi xxx

The Scrapping Factory said...

I liked her page and left a comment too =0) Fabi xxx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tags love them both. Caroline xxx

Maria said...

love it turned out very cute

Migdalia said...

WOW!!What an AWESOME and FUN Project!!Very Creative!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Super cute tag!!! I guess I am going to Walmart tonight.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the design!! Perfect gift card holders!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rhonda Miller said...

These tags are gorgeous.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Awesome gift card holders with the scene you created on the tag.
Melissa
"Sunshine Honeybee"

Nikki said...

Oh after seeing this I wish I snagged some of them they are fantastic next time I'm by a walmart I'm gonna look for these :)
thanks for sharing

jessica said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I was just in Walmart and saw these adorable Gift Cards....LOVE how you used them!!!
All your embellishments on the rest of the tag are awesome!! I just love how you mix and match elements! Another AWESOME project!!!

jessica said...

I stopped by her FB page and left a happy "hello"
Have a GREAT day!!

Leah l'Orange said...

this is totally fun, and i LURRRRVE repurposing things like this. now i want to go to WalMart (does anyone EVER say that, seriously?) to see if they have 'em, too! :D

Leah l'Orange said...

and i visited your friend at MB's Treasures, and i did, in fact, like! (i do like, imma see what she's got in the shop!)

Berina RGA said...

I liked the tags!

Berina RGA said...

I liked their FB page and left a comment!!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow not that is a really cool tag! Oh the back is so fun too with the pocket from the old bike ad. Sweet! May have to lift this for a special christmas gift

Marla said...

What a great way to recycle. Love this tag!!

Marla said...

I went and commented on MBTreasuristas facebook page!!!

DIANA L. said...

Super tag, I'm inspired to make a tag or two today, great idea beautiful design , I really like how you put the pocket in the back.

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your gift cards are so cute! I visited Misty's facebook page:) and I liked it.

Kavitha Vadhri said...

Beautiful tag,lovely to see your different creations

Kavitha Vadhri said...

liked MBtreasurista and left a comment

Melinda Sweetman said...

WOW!! What a super cute tag!! Love what you have done with frosty and the tree!

Ardilla said...

I love tags and this is gorgeous!

Ardilla said...

I like Misty's page and left a comment there :)