Happy Hearts.

When I was single and living in NY with my parents, my dad would not only bring mom flowers, balloons, a card (with cash) and chocolate for mom, but he would also bring me some chocolate too.  I felt like such a LOSER, but now I see how sweet it was.

Now I do the same for mom.  Knowing she has a Valentine, which incidentally they'll be married 50 years this October, I still bring her a little something.  To let her know I love her and care.


This year I made this card for her.  I usually just come over with chocolate or something... but I want to give her a card, chocolate and maybe even a balloon too.  She's been feeling down lately and I know it'll cheer her up.

I colored in a GORJUSS stamp and paper pieced the dress.  The paper collection I used is by MME, called "RUBY", and the hearts were punched with a Stampin' Up punch.  I like that it looks very clean, yet not so simple.




Take the time to surprise someone with some chocolates, or a cute note.  It'll make a world of difference and they'll always remember you for it.

post signature

6 comments

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

crafty....du said...

What a lovely thought :) and a beautiful card too

Kerry

jessica said...

I LOVE this and know your mom will also!!!! Gorgeous card :)
Thanks for sharing!!!

Berina RGA said...

your mom will love this for sure!! and love the coloring!!

~ Jo ~ said...

Such a sweet card. Love the colors!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Your card is so adorable!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com