3 Piece Set.

Hello Blog Lovers!  Missed me?  I took a lil breaky-break from blogging for a lil bit to regroup.  To organize myself, my life and to work on some upcoming projects.

Lately I've been growing up I think.  lol.  All I think about is getting my entire house (the corners and unseen spots), completely organized.  I don't know what's come upon me, but I'm actually liking it.  Today's task is to tackle the first floor (including garage & bathroom).  I've been wanting to throw everything away and/or sell it.  I just don't see myself needing so much stuff.  I even took a 5-Hour Energy Drink (berry flavor), to get me motivated earlier in the day... since the motivation to clean & organize usually comes when it's time for me to cook dinner.


ANYHOOO... (sorry about that rant).



I wanted to share the project I created for the 5th and final round of the SOME ODD GIRL ODD IDOL Challenge.  We were to create a 3 piece set of any theme and any project that goes well with each other.

So I decided to dig out my crafty goodies and alter some things.  I really got busy on this, since it's been a while that I do anything to this magnitude.  I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it.  This is something you would see in the mantle of a home during the summer months.  Decor pieces, if you will.






The chair is a photo frame that I added tons of yummy "beachy" items to.  The photo was printed from Google, because I didn't want to give away it being me.








The lighthouse is just a wood decor piece that I wanted SO BADLY to drill a hole into it and make into a lamp (by putting the right stuff inside), but was crunched for time and couldn't make it happen.







The canvas was altered using some paints, gesso, wood veneers, shells, sprays, designer paper and more.  I loved making it.  I have another one (since I purchased it for BOGO at JoAnn), so you'll probably see another altered canvas some time this year.


I hope you enjoyed today's project share and stay tuned for more crafty fun stuff.  And P.S.  Incase you were wondering, I didn't win the grand prize.  But I still want to thank everyone who voted.  I appreciate greatly you taking the time each round to do so.  You ROCK!




Don't forget to follow on bloglovin, since Google reader isn't active any longer.  The link is below.  I actually like it better.  I am able to sort my blogs and remove those that are inactive VERY EASILY!

Follow on Bloglovin

Take care.
post signature

5 comments

jessica said...

Such a gorgeous project!!! LOVE all the amazing attention to details and of course your incredible coloring!!!
Bummer about not winner.....I was so hoping and had my fingers crossed for you! And you know you had my votes all along!! I can totally tell your work!!!

Migdalia said...

This is TOO cute!! love your CREATIVITY!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Unknown said...

What a great 3 piece coordinating set! I love it! Congratulations on making it to the final round of SOG Odd Idol contest! :)

Pam said...

What a cute set!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

cdm317 said...

That is incredible! What a fabulous creative set!