...With Sympathy.

I realized this week that I hardly ever make sympathy cards.  It's because I am not good at expressing it, especially when it comes to someone passing away.  I've never been good at sad moments.  I tend to clam up and don't know what to say.

Which is why I SHOULD make more of these types of cards.

Using the Cardabilities DT Sketch #81, I created a calming & soft card.


I used GLITZ "Love You Madly" 6x6 paper pad.  The sentiment comes in the "Sympathy Stamp Set" by Scrap Happy Ohio.  I also used the Scrap Happy Ohio dye ink in "Hot Fudge", and 2 of their many adorable dies; "Sweet Addison Die" (doily, which seems to be sold out on their site), and "Fancy Flowers Die Set".  I used MFT dienamics felt to create the 4-layer flower, with a pearl in the center.  I also used an MFT leaf die and perfect pearls to finish off the front.




Inside I used a La-La Land Stamps corner die, a piece of felt, pattern paper and a white sheet to complete the card.

I hope I'll never have to use this card, but if I do, I hope it brings a little smile to someone whose hurting.

You can find more Scrap Happy Ohio dies, cards, inks and stamps on their website.  www.ScrapHappyOhio.com.


Don't forget to join the Cardabilities sketch challenge.




post signature
Follow on Bloglovin


2 comments

Adriana B said...

Fabulous card, love how you turned the shape of the card around :)

Betty said...

Love your felt flower - beautiful card.