Joyful Christmas.

I used to think, if you spend an hour coloring an image, your card should look like you worked for hours on it with tons of layers and diecuts and stamps and embellishing, etc.

But this year I've learned to make things simpler for myself in my personal life, and I'm now learning that with my crafting as well.

If you follow my Instagram, you'd know that this image was colored more than a week ago and I struggled a little bit with the folds of the clothing.  This Pure Innocence image can easily be colored without the folds, but I like challenging myself.  


Using copic markers in the E, RV and BG color families, I colored her up, and cut her out from the bottom up.  I left the bottom white and cut that part into the shape of a snowy hill.  If you look closely, you'll see embossed dots on that snowy hill.  I made those with an embossing hand tool.

I added a beautiful background by Bo Bunny "Candy Cane Lane" and matted it with the same 6x6 paper pad in fushia to match her dress.

The sentiment is also by MFT Stamps, which I stamped with versafine black ink and made into a side banner.


I selected a few snowflakes to enhance with liquid pearls and added clear wink of stella to her wings, halo and the snowdrift, and gold wink of stella to the horn.



post signature
Follow on Bloglovin


CHALLENGES
1 - Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes


2 comments

Berina RGA said...

wow!! beautiful coloring... the folds of the clothing are perfect!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Teresa Kline said...

oh wow, this is fabulous, your coloring is amazing! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*