LOVE.

There are a few challenges out there that I have been participating in and it has been the best help in getting to use up my supplies.

This morning I was able to create this multi-challenge card using 3 of my favorite things... a Saturated Canary stamp, Amy Tangerine's "Plus One" paper pad, and flowers.  When I think about summer and going to the beach, I think of neon colors and the 80s.  This image helped me create a really cute card.


My initial thought once seeing "Beach Ink" was; "Oh Crap!  That's going to be difficult!", which is why I printed 4 of her at once; hoping I'd get it right by the 3rd try at least.  Oddly enough, I was able to to knock it out in 1 session.  I think it helped that it was 4am and everyone was asleep, so I didn't have a bossy toddler or loud TV to disrupt my concentration.

[up so early due to toothache]


I first started with her outfit.  I usually start with the most difficult for me to color first.  This gives me the freedom to either continue with the rest of the image if I like the clothing, or start from scratch.  When I first saw the image I immediately thought it would be extra sexxxy & fun to color-in a peek-a-boo slit in her bikini top.  I used the E000, E21 and E04 copic markers to help me create shading and curvature.  I added curls to the ends of her hair, and false lashes for a little extra added interest.  I also used the YG, RV, C and B families to color the entire image.


I'm super excited about this particular challenge.  The winners get to help Krista design a new digital stamp.  How awesome would that be!??!?

If you'd like to vote for my creation; click HERE and scroll down to entry #25 and click "like".  And as always, a list of supplies is below.

post signature


SUPPLIES
* Saturated Canary "Beach Ink" digital stamp
* X-Press It Cardstock
* Copic Markers
* Amy Tangerine "Plus One" 6x6 paper pad
* Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
* Recollections Bling
* Spellbinders Circles die
* Spellbinders Labels 18 die
* Copic .03 & .05 black pen
* Tombow Mono Multi glue
* Hot glue
* Pop dots


Challenges
* Saturated Canary - Coloring Challenge
* The Daily Marker - 30 Day Coloring Challenge
* Paper Issues - Melissa's Card Challenge




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments