HOORAY!

I turned 43!
More than a month ago!!
So I'm practically 43.5 now!!
Because the older I get, the faster it happens!!!
[what's with the exclamation marks?!?!!?]
lol

To be honest, for me, inspiration does not come from the collection.  Contrary to how many others may choose to scrapbook, I don't first decide on a collection and then find a photo to match that style or color.  I first choose my photos (the ones I'm most interested in documenting), and then dig through my stash for what will blend well.  I try to stick to one company, so that when I'm #hashtagging away I won't have to add so many on Instagram, but it's difficult, because I want to give everyone their fair share of time and space in my pages.

Now there are not instances, that browsing through online shops I come across a collection that's just amazingly beautiful, that I must have, not thinking of any photos that will work well with the line, but there is always a photo waiting to be taken that will be the perfect match.

[Or if you're like me, you'll be that mom that makes the photo happen by looking for backgrounds and making sure your family wears a specific outfit that you know is going to set the stage for an awesome photo. ] 

Either way I'm not that creatively strategic when it comes to building my pockets.

For this set of photos, however, I did try to stick to My Mind's Eye "HOORAY", which was difficult because the 4x6 card is random and some of the chipboard stickers are from Simple Stories / Carpe Diem.  I also used their sticker sheet and clear stickers to help complete the burst of confetti fun on this layout.
The clear stickers that say "hello 43" are actually 3 stickers different stickers from 2 different companies.  Simple Stories & Making Memories.  If you look at "hello" with the double lines it is 1 sticker.  What I did is I cut the word apart from the double lines and placed the numbers in between, otherwise it was going to look a little odd.  I like having the freedom to play around with the original item to get the desired look I need/want.

There are occassions I share more crafty photos on my Instagram, than my blog, so if you care to take peeks at what I'm up to just click here.

-AtStudioD

No comments