My Escape.

It's ROUND 2 of "Monday Issues", and the Paper Issues DT is sharing our take on it.  The challenge prompted us to create a project about our home, (favorite room, neighborhood, new home, renovations, favorite spot in town / state).

I decided to make a page about my craft space.  How I enjoy sitting there for hours to organize, plan, create, print photos, listen to sermons and take notes, watch YouTube videos or just look at my beautiful custom made mermaid art canvas.  I truly have loved downsizing because it's forced me to consider and keep only things that I absolutely love, need or will use.  I'm almost afraid of moving and buying a home with extra room because I won't have enough to fill it with.  LOL.



In any case, for this layout, I used a mix of Maggie Holmes collections by Crate Paper, mainly "Bloom" and "Chasing Dreams".  I included fun & bright mixed media techniques; I really have enjoyed working with acrylic paints and stencils in the past year.  I like that I can create my own background and/or build on what my background scrapbook paper is.  If you look closely you may also find that the bare wood thickers were painted half pink, and I added white Nuvo drops over the yellow acrylic background.  That was so relaxing!  I first adhered the wood letters to the page and then added the paint with a tiny brush.  Two quick coats and I was done.





Here's a video of the wood painting process that I shared on my IG stories.



If you have time this month, I'd love to see your project shares of your favorite spot.  I bet a lot of you will show off your gorgeous kitchens and where you bake!  

I have included some quick links below to the PI Shop, FB Group and Blog.  Check out what the other ladies are sharing and find some inspiration.

Also, if you are looking to fill your stocking with new goodies, visit the PI shop and use my 20% discount.  I get a couple of nickels for each time someone uses my code. 
Help a sista out!
LOL

Have a FABULOUS week!


LINKS
Paper Issues Shop
Paper Issues Blog
PI Family & Friends FB Group


-AtStudioD

No comments