2017 December Memories - PLS Project


Hello!

If you just found my blog, welcome!  I'm Damaris, and I'm excited to be guest designing for a couple of neat craft companies this month.

Today I'm on the Pretty Little Studio Blog sharing my December Daily cover.  Do you DD?  I've been DD'ing since 2012, and I absolutely love this yearly project!  The first year I participated I was overly-stocked with supplies and overwhelmed.  The album came out "smashbook" style and pretty messy (if you ask me).  That happened for a couple of years until I realized that purchasing one solid core kit and sticking to a color theme will help keep your pages pretty, cohesive & clean and help keep your schedule free to do other fun things during the holidays.

This year, I'm keeping it even more simple by using the Pretty Little Studio "Wonderland" collection and mixing in a little bit of "Holly Jolly", "Tinsel Town" and "Merry & Bright" here and there; but still keeping the color combination of white, pink and mint, with some gold and some black..

I won't be sharing my pages just yet, (you'll have to come back tomorrow for more of that), but today I'd like to get more in depth about by cover.  Not everyone chooses to finish their cover before their album is full, but I find it helps inspire me to grab it, open it and work in it.  So my cover is very important to me.

I used a pocket style album by Echo Park.  I was lucky enough to find this one at Tuesday Morning some time over the summer, but there are still other colors and styles available in many online shops, especially Amazon.

In any case, I knew I wanted to keep the same mixed media techniques as I used on my 2016 album (you can see more of that on THIS blog), but I wanted to incorporate all of the Pretty Little Studio "Wonderland" collection.


Starting with a bare naked album I used a Tim Holtz stencil and white modeling paste to create a messy snow effect.  I had in mind to design a "Wonderland" snowy village of some sort, with peeking windows.  The white resin windows came from my stash, and are sold by Michaels' and Prima.  I backed them up with PLS patterned paper and embellished with crystal sequins and American Crafts Gold Thickers.  The acrylic words are by PLS and were the Perfect Touch for my title.  I added Nuvo white drops and Studio Calico silver spray for a sparkly effect.  I also used twine, netting, gold cardstock (diecut with a Heidi Swapp star die), and cute houses diecuts and frames also by PLS behind the windows to create my mixed media background.





 I used a snowflake stamp from "Holly Jolly" to add extra fun texture to the background, and snowflake stickers from "Merry & Bright".  All collections are still in stock on their website, and a lot of their product is up to 75% off right now.  ​I finished off the page using the following embellishments: Paper Issues free file cut snowflakes, Nuvo white drops, crystal sequins and a few more items from the PLS shop like a flair and some die cuts.  I love the turn out and I hope it inspires you to dig into your stash and use your goodies to create pretty pages.  The kind that you'll want to look back on for years go come.







Thanks for checking in today.  If you are new here, you are welcome to follow my blog and visit my other social media accounts.  I'm pretty active on Instagram, sharing daily inspiration and fun/silly IG stories.  You will really get to know me better there!


Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/atstudiod/

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/atstudiod/

Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/atstudiod/
-AtStudioD

No comments